- MSTCM from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, California.
- Board-certified Diplomate of Oriental Medicine by the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- New York State Licensed Acupuncturist
- Dr. Richard Tan Balance Method: 2015 Core Foundations Acupuncture Trainings.
- Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, Continuing Education Training in TCM.
- American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, MSTCM
- University of California, Santa Cruz, BA, Cultural Anthropology
From San Francisco to New York
Prisca received her master's degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the American College of TCM in San Francisco, California. There, she studied classical acupuncture techniques, herbal medicine, and Tui Na bodywork. She continued her training at various hospitals and clinics in San Francisco, China, and Guatemala before settling in New York City. She is a certified diplomate of Oriental Medicine by the NCCAOM, the highest board certification available, and is licensed in New York.
In San Francisco, she provided acupuncture treatments at the Haight Ashbury Free Clinic, while also providing acupuncture treatments for stroke and trauma rehabilitation at the California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center of Sutter Hospital. For three years, she apprenticed with renowned fertility acupuncturist Dr. Lifang Liang, OMD, Ph.D., L.Ac., whose acupuncture techniques and powerful herbal formulas helped hundreds of couples start families. Her passion for traveling and the healing arts led her to study with TCM physicians in municipal hospitals affiliated with Zhejiang Chinese Medical University in Hangzhou, China, and with traditional Mayan healers in Peten, Guatemala through the organization Healer2Healer.
Prisca’s approach is open-minded and non judgmental. She works with you to help empower you to take control of the health and well-being of your own body and mind. She is open to all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or lifestyle.
Prisca currently lives on the Upper East Side. You can find her running around Central Park, taking dance classes around the city, and searching for the best burritos on the east coast.